PUBLIC AFFAIRS OFFICE
NAVAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT SUPPORT ACTIVITY
PENSACOLA, FLORIDA 32509-5000
From: Public Affairs Officer, NETPMSA
All Area Public Affairs Officers
Subj: ESTABLISHMENT OF SPEAKERS BUREAU; REQUEST FOR ASSISTANCE
1. A major concern of the Navys public affairs program is in the area of fostering good
community relations. One of the most effective methods of accomplishing this is through
a Speakers Bureau. The NETPMSA Public Affairs Office is in the process of expanding
and improving the present system and is requesting your assistance.
2. This office receives requests from civilian organizations to supply speakers for
business or social gatherings. The requester may have a specific topic in mind, or he may
ask us to suggest one. To obtain a wide variety of qualified speakers from which to select,
we are attempting to organize our bureau with officer, enlisted and civilian personnel of
all ranks, rates, grades, jobs and experience.
3. We need your assistance in canvassing your command and publicizing our recruiting
program to encourage those interested to contact us. We are desirous of establishing this
program with personnel interested in speaking on a variety of topics.
4. This office will provide or arrange transportation for all speaking engagements. We
have videos and slides available for use as supporting material, and we will provide the
equipment and an assistant if needed. We will also be happy to render assistance in
preparing the speech.
5. For us to select the speaker best qualified for a particular engagement, we maintain a
file on the background of each speaker herein our office.
6. We appreciate your assistance in this matter. Please direct your personnel to contact
me at 452-9999.
U. R. MAJOR
Figure 6-13.-Letter to neighboring commands inviting speakers bureau participation.