From: Commanding Officer
VISIT OF THE SECRETARY OF DEFENSE ON 4 JULY 19__
Encl: (1) Schedule of events
(2) Seating chart for reviewing stand
(3) Parade diagram
1. Purpose. his notice outlines ceremonies to be held on 4 July 19_ in
connection with the visit of the Secretary of Defense.
2. Background. Here, stated briefly, are the reasons for the Secretarys visit and a
list of the important members of his party. Here, or in a separate paragraph,
reference is made to the schedule, seating chart and parade diagram, which are
attached as enclosures to avoid making the basic notice too long and involved.
3. Responsibility. The executive officer will coordinate all arrangements for this
event. Other officers are assigned responsibilities as follows.
a. First Lieutenant. Rig reviewing stand as shown in enclosure (2), providing
charts, bunting, a speakers stand and public address system as required. Police
area immediately before ceremony.
b. Security Officer. Establish traffic control to ensure speedy clearance through
main gate and clear passage to headquarters building. Provide escort vehicle.
Control visitor traffic and parking as required.
c. Public Works Officer. Provide photographers platforms as shown in enclosure
(2) and as specified by the public affairs officer. Provide adequate electrical
power for operation of recorders as requested by the public affairs officer.
d. Medical Officer. Provide ambulance and appropriate personnel on standby
e. Senior Watch Officer. Act as regimental commander at inspection. Make sure
that all departments are paraded in position by 0830. Schedule rehearsal as
Figure 5-2.Command planning directive for a major event.