f. Press Officer, Media Relations. The press officer has the responsibility to
disseminate information to members of the news media. He reports to the head,
media relations with specific duties to include the following:
(1) Preparing event and post-event material for public release, including
press kits, background information, biographies of personnel and other data.
(2) Coordinating requests for media interviews with project and museum
(3) Providing other assistance 10 news media representatives, including the
handling of all written and verbal inquiries.
g. Magazine and Still Photo Officer. The magazine and still photo officer is
responsible for providing assistance to members of the media requiring preparation
of magazine material and the release of still photography. He reports to the head,
media relations. Duties of this officer will include the following:
(1) Providing assistance to magazine and book media representatives as
(2) Establishing and supervising procedures for release of still photography.
(3) Maintaining a master library of all photography for release, along with
necessary forms for ordering particular photos.
(4) Distribution of still photography.
(5) Supervision of darkroom facilities for wire services at the NAS Pensacola
h. Television Officer. The television officer is responsible for all liaison and
coordination with commercial and educational television covering the dedication
ceremonies. He will report to the head, media relations.
i. Radio Officer. The radio officer is responsible for the production of radio
material during the ceremonies. He will report to the head, media relations. Specific
duties include the following:
(1) Effecting liaison with sub-CIBNAM personnel to provide on-site
assistance to representatives of radio networks.