information to interested media. LEXINGTON will establish a decommissioning
CIB at the NAS Pensacola Public Affairs Office, from Monday, 4 November through
Saturday, 9 November. The LEXINGTON PAO will request the following support:
a. USS LEXINGTON (AVT 16):
(1) Request coordination of regional public affairs activities through the
Navy Offices of Information (NAVINFOs) and the NAS Pensacola Public Affairs
(2) Arrange Navywide coverage of decommissioning through assignment
of Navy internal assets (Navy News This Week All Hands, etc.).
(3) Request CHINFO assistance with release of decommissioning
information to national media.
(4) Develop contingency questions/answers for use during media
(5) Prepare 30 press kits.
(6) Arrange for a reserved section with a raised platform for media to cover
all decommissioning activities during the ceremony. Media will be allowed to leave
the reserved section in a pool, under escort, to obtain shots during the ceremony on
a not-to-interfere basis. A media availability will be arranged with Captain Kennedy,
the command master chief and crew members immediately following the ceremony.
(7) Coordinate with CNET public affairs to assign a host command, if
available and/or feasible, to provide public affairs assistance and to assign media
escorts during all decommissioning events.
(8) Coordinate with the Office of the CNO to obtain copies of the speech
for distribution to the media (if available).
(9) Arrange for 20 reserved parking spaces adjacent to the head of the pier
for the media.
(10) Arrange for photographic support (still and video) services by
(11) Arrange for Navy Band, New Orleans, to perform at the decom-