1. Purpose. To assign responsibilities and establish procedures for handling chairs
and determining the seating plan for the platform and the pier.
2. Responsibility. Logistics Detail. A seating plan will be developed by 30 April
a. Procurement. Folding chairs will be used throughout the seating area.
Platform armchairs will be the ships Type II chairs with white slipcovers (RSVPs
will determine the actual number).
b. Arrangement. The chairs will be arranged in accordance with the platform
and pier arrangement plan. The number of chairs will be adjusted to correspond with
the acceptances received as reported by the Invitation Detail.
4. Coordination. The Logistics Detail will coordinate:
a. With the department heads for the required working parties.
b. With the designated agent for the loading and unloading of chairs belonging
to the civilian contractor.
c. With the Invitations Detail and head usher for seating in accordance with
5. A proposed seating arrangement of the guests on the platform and pier will be
submitted to the prospective executive officer by 15 July 1987.
6. Seating Plan. Seating for VIPs, organization block seating and general guests
will be provided in the areas facing the official platform.
a. VIPS are defined as follows:
Relatives of platform speakers
Selected LEYTE GULF relatives and guests
Operational commander/military officers of flag rank and their civilian
(4) Select SUPSHIP representatives and guests
(5) Select PMS-400 representatives and guests